Summer Camp 2023
JOIN US FOR A WEEK OF WOODWORKING & STEM!
New Friends ~ New Skills ~ Summer Fun
During summer camp, builders will spend the majority of their time building small woodworking projects that they will bring home. They will also do a one day group build together, building a larger project that will be donated to a local non profit. In addition to building, we will also be taking the girls on two field trips.
Summer Camp Basics
- Builders must be between the ages of 8 – 14 to participate in Summer Camp.
- Transportation is not provided to/from the Girls at Work facility at 200 Bedford Street in Manchester.
- The cost for camp is $300, please check out the Family Income Table to see if your builder qualifies for a full or partial scholarship. Note the discount code as you will need to enter it at checkout.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided. If your child has certain dietary restrictions, please pack a lunch and snacks for them.
- Builders must wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes in the workshop and have their hair tied back. No necklaces or jewelry that dangles is permitted in the workshop.
- Some activities will be outside. Please send your child with sunscreen or sun protective hat and clothing if desired.
- Summer camp is offered in one week sessions, with 7 sessions to choose from.
- Structured programming is from 9am-4pm. Builders can be dropped off as early as 8am and breakfast will be provided between 8am-8:45am. Builders must be picked up no later than 5:30pm.
- Please see the summer camp registration link to see date and spot availability.
How to Register
Important! Please look at the Family Income Table first to see if your builder qualifies for a full or partial scholarship to camp. Write down your discount code as you will need to enter it at checkout. If you don’t qualify via the Family Income Table but still need assistance paying for camp, please contact us at [email protected] or call 603-345-0392.
Girls at Work reserves summer camp spaces for builders needing scholarships. For this reason, you may see that some weeks do not have availability if you are not applying for a scholarship. Please email [email protected] to be added to the waitlist for your preferred week.
Girls at Work uses the BeAKid registration platform. Once you view the schedule and select your preferred week, you will be asked to make an account to complete registration. If you have any problems, please email [email protected] or call 603-345-0392.
Building confidence. Building trust. Building resilience. Building skills. Building dreams.
When girls learn how to build, the outcomes reach far beyond what they can create with power tools. Girls at Work, Inc. creates opportunities for girls to find the courage, confidence, and character to overcome risk, persevere through mistakes, and conquer their challenges. It’s where girls come face to face with new experiences, discover their potential, and develop an internal drive to reach their goals. Imagine what happens when girls apply these powerful capabilities beyond Girls at Work, Inc. It’s a world where every girl feels empowered, confident and capable.
After School Program
Ages 8 – 13
In our after school workshops, girls will be learning and practicing building skills in a safe and powerful way to achieve confidence, because to feel truly confident, you need to believe you are capable. When girls see what they are capable of creating, they take pride in their achievements, and their confidence grows exponentially.
Sign ups for our after school program are either through the Manchester School district (21 Century Early Learning) or on our website, girlswork.org. This program is an eight week block where girls who sign up will have the chance to spend two hours a week building small woodworking projects with us. Be sure to sign up early as space is limited in order to provide smaller/safer class size.
Ages 8 – 14
During summer camp girls will spend the majority of their time building small woodworking projects that they will bring home. They will also do a one day group build together building larger projects and this project will be donated to a local non profit. In addition to building, we will also be taking the girls on two field trips, one to the Millyard Museum (beneath us) and a field trip to be determined. Stay tuned for more information
Middle School Team Builds
Ages 12 – 18